Moo2U Dairy

moo2u-farm5
 Do you live in north Nashville, Hendersonville, Gallatin, Clarksville, etc. and want to find a great source of raw dairy for your family?

Here’s some great news for you.

Mike Armstrong is a third generation dairy farmer and he and his wife Kelley own Moo2U Dairy. They are an all-Jersey cow farm. They chose Jersey cows because of the high butterfat and excellent protein content of their milk.

moo2u-farm1Their Jerseys perform well with their mostly grass-based feed program. The cow’s diet is 75% grass-based from pasture, dry hay and grass silage. The remaining 25% of their diet comes from feed that a licensed nutritionist oversees.

Nutrition samples from their grass forages are even sent off for testing and the nutritionist take the data and builds a feed blend to keep the vitamins and minerals balanced for their specific cows.

The feed program is designed for the health benefit of our cows, not for higher milk production. It’s better milk because it’s a low stress milking environment.

And they are unique! The cows are milked once a day to cut down on stress, strengthen body condition, reduce lameness and improve fertility. That’s different that most dairies.

The strong health of their Jersey herd means this farm very rarely has to use antibiotics – and they’re use used for life-saving purposes only. A sick cow will be taken out of milk production and a licensed veterinarian will monitor the use of any meds. Of course, no growth hormones are ever used.

moo2u-farm2They’re also unique because they’ve gone to great lengths to ensure that all the milk is A2 milk – the highest quality, least allergenic milk available. They began using A2 genetics three years ago and now have switched to 100% A2 bulls. Studies have shown A2 milk is a safer choice and milk from grass fed cows have higher Omega-3 levels.

This could be what you’ve been waiting for – the healthiest milk available for you and your family.

They believe happy cows make better milk. Each cow is dried up and given two months vacation from milking to prepare for calving each year.

And they strive to keep the cows on pasture all year.

Much care is taken in handling the milk to have a clean, quality product. Before milking, the udder and teats are carefully washed and dipped in a cleaner and the first 3 to 4 squirts from each teat is discarded. A post dip is used after milking.

moo2u-farm4

Stainless steel equipment is used to collect and filter milk along with disposable milk filters. Milk is filtered, cooled, and stored in refrigerators, ready for pick up or delivery.

Milk and other products are available for pick up at the farm Monday through Saturday and Sunday by appointment only.

Moo2U Dairy is convenient to north Nashville and people drive to this farm for milk from Gallatin, Hendersonville, Goodlettsville, Clarksville, Ridgetop, White House, Springfield, Coopertown, Pleasantview, Greenbriar, Ashland City, and more.

Their website is http://moo2udairy.com
 

They will have a herd share drop at the Richland Farmers Market starting the first Saturday in May.

They will also have a drop 4-7 PM in the Melrose/Berry Hill neighborhood of Nashville starting Memorial Day 2017 along Fisher, the CSA drop for the Barefoot Farmers CSA Drop.

Cow shares are available for a one-time, non-refundable share purchase of $50 (similar to a non-refundable deposit.)

The labor fee is $7 per week per gallon if you pick up at the farm. The fee is $8 per week per gallon if delivered to cover delivery expenses. 

Contracts must be signed in compliance with Tennessee law. In the future, they may offer eggs and other products, such as mostly grassfed beef will be delivered as well, as available.

For more information call Mike at 615-804-6164 or email moo2u@hughes.net.

moo2u-farm3

 

About 

An author, speaker, and health copywriter, Shawn Dady is also the president of Tennesseans For Raw Milk and the Nashville/Brentwood/Franklin Chapter Leader for the Weston A. Price Foundation. She is a consultant and nationwide influencer for people on health and wellness issues and has been in the industry for more than 20 years.